What is an Immediate Implant?
Do you have a broken tooth that needs replacement as soon as possible? New advances in technique and technology allow placement of Immediate Implants on the day of broken tooth removal. In the right cases, a front tooth can be replaced with a temporary tooth on an Immediate Implant in one day.
Delayed Implant Therapy vs. Immediate Implant Therapy
Delayed Implant Therapy:
Delayed Implant Therapy was made popular with traditional implant designs and lack of access to accurate 3-D X-rays (CBCT). There was no way to tell if there was enough bone around a tooth being extracted for sure, so a delayed approach was more predictable. Also, the traditional implant designs did not allow for the implants to be placed in bone with stability, especially where a tooth was just taken out.
Sometimes, the Delayed Implant Therapy still needs to be used due to a presence of extreme infection, lack of healthy bone, or closeness of other vital structures in the jaw.
The Journey of a Delayed Implant Therapy looks like this:
- Surgery: take the bad tooth out, remove and clean all infection, place bone in spaces where the infection and tooth was taken out, place a membrane to contain the bone, place sutures
- Wait 2 weeks and remove sutures
- Wait 4 weeks and remove membrane
- Wait 4-6 months for bone to heal
- Surgery: Place the Implant and bury it under the gum
- Wait 3-4 months for the bone to heal around the implant
- Surgery: Uncover the implant from under the gum, install a placeholder screw to keep the gum from collapsing into the implant.
- Wait 3-4 weeks for gum to heal around the placeholder screw
- Impression/Scan for a new Crown
- Delivery of your new Crown
Delayed Implant Therapy involves AT LEAST 2, IF NOT 3 SURGERIES. This not only can cause more discomfort, but is also more expensive and time-consuming. You will WAIT AT LEAST 4-6 MONTHS MORE FOR YOUR CROWN.
Immediate Implant Therapy:
Immediate Implant Therapy is the advanced technique being used with advanced implant designs and in-house access to accurate 3-D X-rays (CBCT). We can always tell right way if there is enough bone around a tooth being extracted to perform an Immediate Implant Therapy with an In-House 3-D X-ray. Also, the advanced implant designs allow for implants to be placed in even minimal bone with stability, even if a tooth was just taken out.
The journey of an Immediate Implant Therapy looks like this:
- Surgery: take the bad tooth out, remove and clean all infection, Place the Implant, place bone in spaces between the bone and implant, install a placeholder screw to keep the gum from collapsing into the implant
- Wait 3-4 months for the bone to heal around the implant an the gum to heal around the placeholder screw
- Impressions/Scan for a new Crown
- Delivery of your new Crown
Immediate Implant Therapy involves ONLY 1 SURGERY. This not only saves you from more discomfort, but is also less expensive and saves your time. You will GET YOUR CROWN AT LEAST 4-6 MONTHS SOONER.
But How Can You Do it at Blooming Family Dental?
You may be wondering , how are we able to deliver Immediate Implant Therapy at Blooming Family Dental?
The reasons are as follows:
- State of the art 3-D X-ray machine (CBCT) IN HOUSE: Even if you came in for an emergency extraction, we have the CBCT machine in house. We can determine if you are a candidate for Immediate Implants in minutes.
- Diverse Inventory of Advanced Implants IN HOUSE: We always keep in stock all types of implants from mini implants to the wide or long implants to replace any tooth in your mouth, especially if was an emergency.
- PRF and other advanced Implant Techniques: PRF (Platelet-Rich-Fibrin) technique, where which we use your own blood’s growth factors to grow more bone and improve healing along with using other advanced instruments and techniques allow us to place implants with predictability even in challenging situations.
At Blooming Family Dental, when a tooth has to be taken out, we are able to use Immediate Implant Therapy in more than 90% of cases with at least 95% success rate.
Am I a Candidate for Immediate Implant Therapy?
At Blooming Family Dental, chances are that you are a good candidate for Immediate Implant Therapy. But the only way to tell for sure is for you to come in for a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION to take a 3-D X-ray for free.
If you’ve already had a Dental Implant consultation, please visit us for a Free 2nd Opinion and see if Immediate Implant Therapy can save you time and money!
We look forward to meeting you soon!