Have you ever wondered about what it’s like to use Invisalign and improve your smile? Keep reading to find out our tips for success with Invisalign!
- Wear your Invisalign at least 22 hours a day. This means wearing Invisalign day and night!
- The best time to put new aligners is before you go to bed. The longer you have new aligners without taking them out, the less distortion on the aligners and more movement of teeth.
- When you put them on, always start at the front teeth first. When an aligner arch is wider than your arch (most of the time they are), please make the aligner narrower by bending in the back part of the aligner towards the middle before pushing them down.
- Put aligners with fingers. Please don’t bite on them before they are fully seated.
- To remove them, use your fingertip or nail to pull on the inner side of your last molar, upper or lower aligner.
- Do not take any pain medication for new aligner discomfort. This can slow down teeth movement.
- If you need to take pain medication for other reasons such as migraine, please take Tylenol, no Advil, no Aleve.
- Oral Hygiene: Proper brushing and flossing is always encouraged after each meal, but don’t stop wearing them because you can’t brush your teeth after eating. If you can’t brush your teeth, rinse with water and put the aligner back on.
- Aligner Hygiene: Clean aligner with toothbrush and soap or toothpaste. If you are careful with foods, aligners should not stain. You can also use the cleaning crystals in the welcoming package.
- Do not eat or drink staining foods and drinks and wear aligners right away. Staining foods and drinks include Tea, Red wine, Tomato sauce, Turmeric, Coffee, Curry. Please make sure you brush your teeth or rinse your mouth before putting your aligners back on.
- Do not leave your aligners out on a table at the restaurant. It will be thrown out before you know it! Always carry the aligner case with you, and make sure the aligners are either on your teeth or in the case.
- If you lose your aligners, jump to the next aligner if they were already passively fitting (near the end of 2 wks), or go back to the previous aligner if they were still tight (recently switched) and give us a call. We can always order a replacement aligner right away!
The Blooming Family Dental Difference
We have experience treating hundreds of patients with clear aligners and braces successfully. We can help you get the smile you always wanted with safety and expertise!
At Blooming Family Dental, every Invisalign case comes with:
– Free Whitening
– Free Aligner Munchies®
– Free Digital Smile Simulation
We are now offering Free Virtual or In-Office consultations for Invisalign.
Call us at 973-475-8964 or email us at email@example.com today!