Instructions Before IV and/or Oral Sedation
- Please wear comfortable (not tight) clothing for your sedation visit.
- Don’t wear makeup, jewelry, rings, watches to the appointment.
- Please do not bring any unattended children to the appointment.
- Do not drink any alcohol or caffeinated beverages 24 hours before the appointment.
- DON’T TAKE ANYTHING BY MOUTH FOR 8 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- Please buy 3 bottles of Ensure Pre-Surgery Clear Carbohydrate Drink.
1 Bottle 12 hours pre-op, 1 Bottle 8 hours pre-op, 1 Bottle 2 hours pre-op.
- You must fill all prescriptions prior to the appointment. Take all medications unless advised to hold, and take any medications prescribed to you (antibiotics, painkillers, steroids, sedatives).
- Small sips of water for medications the morning of the appointment is OK.
- Any changes in medications (stopped or new), medical conditions, congestion, cold, flu, positive pregnancy tests or suspected pregnancy, newly discovered allergy MUST BE REPORTED OR SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS CAN OCCUR.
- You MUST come with a responsible adult who will drive you to the office and drive you home and monitor you for 24 hours.
- Driving or operating heavy machinery regardless of how ‘normal’ you feel after sedation for up to 24 hours is illegal and dangerous to not only yourself but to everyone else.
- After the sedation, we will monitor you for at least 30 minutes to recover and be discharged. Please plan your schedule accordingly. This does not mean you will be fully alert and recovered. Medications and their effects can remain in your system for 24 hours or more.
Call us now at 973-475-8964 to request a no-obligation FREE SEDATION consultation.
We are always here to help. We look forward to hearing from you soon!