Among all the teeth, there are those that are most vulnerable to cavities. Their structure and location are the factors that make them more likely to erode faster than the other teeth. For example, the chewing surface of the molars and premolars tend to have pits. These pits can be too deep and narrow for the toothbrush to reach even when using the ones with the thinnest bristles. And their location at the back of the jaw is not helping at all.
What happens is, plaque and bacteria can accumulate on the pits. Since these harmful substances can remain uneliminated, the acids produced can cause the teeth to wear down little by little. As a result, the teeth become more vulnerable to cavities and other complications.
At Blooming Family Dental, the good news we have for patients is, we happen to offer a service that can help people prevent the teeth from being attacked by acids. What it does is cover the portions with deep pits to avoid the build-up of food particles and plaque. Once this is performed, cleaning the area is no longer that hard like before.
Dental sealants is a procedure performed by the dentist where a thin plastic-like layer is carefully applied on the chewing surface to cover the fissures. Patients are assured that once they consider this treatment, they can expect that there will be no alterations with their bite. They no longer have to worry about food debris being stuck on their teeth since the application of sealants serves as a “seal” against these harmful substances.
Benefits of Sealants
- Aside from preventing decay from progressing further, the treatment can also actually stop the issue at its earliest stage.
- The application of sealants is straightforward. Patients do not need to worry about drills and shots since the material will be directly applied to the chewing surfaces of the teeth after making sure they are adequately cleaned.
- The good news is, patients who availed of the treatment can enjoy lesser costs since the formation of cavities are prevented before they even had a chance.
- Although the procedure is usually advised for children, even older patients can take advantage of dental sealants.
- The whole procedure can be completed in just a single appointment.
To stop cavities on their tracks, it is best to maintain good oral hygiene, schedule routine appointments without fail and consider dental sealants to protect the teeth.
Enjoy long-lasting smiles by protecting the teeth against any factors that can compromise their health like cavities by getting Dental Sealants in West Caldwell, NJ! Call or visit us at Blooming Family Dental to get started with the treatment.